Saturday, August 30, 2008

Funny Story of the Day

Despite D's sick state, we were forced to make a brief venture to the farmer's market this morning for some much needed fruits and veggies. I took along the Ergo to minimize D's discomfort and to keep him "isolated" from everyone else by pulling the little hoodie over his head. As I "loaded" him into the Ergo, Chris looked on with his normal terrified expression--he's always afraid I'm going to drop D, yank off an appendage, or otherwise maim his child. And to be fair, I haven't practiced the rear load that often, so it does look (and feel) a bit...awkward. Anyway, back to the story. So I get D loaded into the rear carrier position, all the while trying not to be irritated by Chris's many horrified exclamations. Finally it's done, and off I head into the market. I haven't taken more than three steps before Chris yells in horror, "Stop!!!! Stop!!!! CHRISTINA, FOR THE LOVE OF . . . STOP!!" I freeze. About 20+ people have stopped what they are doing and are now staring at me. And all I can think is, "What the heck is his problem now?!" I turn around to give him a glare, and he is staring in absolute horror, not at me, but at my feet. I look down but don't see anything (other than the fact that I need a pedicure). He then looks up and says in an absolutely disgusted voice, "You KICKED them!" "Kicked what?" I ask in utter exasperation. He points accusingly to something on the ground. I glance. I take a closer look. What the ?!$^? That's right, folks. I crunched some poor soul's lost dentures. The only funnier moment of the morning was when they announced the found item over the loudspeaker and the woman standing next to me said, "Why do they always make such dumb jokes over the loudspeaker?"

3 comments:

Kimberley said...

Now that's funny!!! thanks for the late night chuckle!!!

AnnMarie & Nick said...

That is an AWESOME story!

Heather & Adam said...

I read this three times and busted out laughing each time.
Geeeez, Christina! Haha.