- Cleaned out D's toy basket. Seriously, the volume of toys (particularly plastic, noise-making toys) was overkill for someone his age. We sent some to Goodwill and some to closet storage. What's remaining now fits in the basket, and the basket has been moved to the top of the desk. Not exactly the look I was going for in my home, but better than the alternative, which is D freaking out and not focusing on any of the toys. He plays with one or two items at a time. When he gets tired of them, we pick them up and exchange them for other toys in the basket. Now, at any given time, there are only two toys "out" that have to be picked up.
- A white board in place of my beloved Bridget Jones' Diary poster (yes, I love that movie). Again, not exactly the look I was going for (than again, BJD didn't really fit, either), but this addition has been AWESOME. We plan out the entire week's meals and check off each one as we go. The right side has the shopping list for the week. If we need to make a change (which has happened), we can just rearrange nights to accomodate our needs. Fab-u-lous.
- The above-mentioned planning and subsequent grocery shopping occur on Saturday afternoon. The set time helps us make sure we actually get it done, and leaves us a day to make an emergency run just in case anything was forgotten.
- A new bedtime routine. Used to be that we were running around like chickens, Chris and I both trying to do everything at once. It was futile, and in the end, nothing got done. Now, D goes to bed at 7:30 (no exceptions!). We eat around 6:30 and start the bedtime wind-down at 7:00. We take turns: one person gives D a bath, massage, bedtime story, and bottle, while the other person cleans up the kitchen after dinner.
- We sit down together during Sunday naptime to go over bills, important paperworks or events from that week, and complete the filing to make sure everything was taken care of. Again, the set time helps make sure we get it done.
Things that still need to be worked on:
- Finding time for the laundry
- Finding time for the actual cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, etc.)
- Our bedroom (aka omg what happened in here?!)
And if anyone wants to post pics of their worst room, by all means, please do so. I love a good competition. :)