Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful for My Biggest Little Brother




Someday, I'll dedicate a post to each of my three crazy brothers. Today, we came perilously close to losing one of them. Joe, what kind of sixteen year old works so many hours that he falls asleep at the wheel at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, wraps his car around a tree, and has to be cut out through the roof? The kind of kid who, when told of his roof extrication while lying on a stretcher, asks if this means he's now driving a convertible.

Seriously, Joe, if you didn't already have two broken arms, a possible broken nose, stitches, and weren't headed into an emergency nighttime surgery, your biggest sister would come down there and pound you.

We love you, Joe.

9 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

How scary and how not the way to finally get some much needed rest. Thinking of your big little bro' and wishing him a speedy path towards health and healing.

Heather & Adam said...

Very scary. Get better soon, Joe!
I'm so glad he is going to be okay.

*Jess* said...

Sending healing vibes to your lil bro!

shell said...

Oh christina, i am sorry for your brother! He must be in so much pain! I will pray for him today.

Kimberley said...

Yikes!!! Hope he is feeling better!!!

Judy said...

I love your family. Even in dire circumstances the personality and jokes are still there. :) I've been thinking about Joe all day... after all he's my "brother" too.

Cindy said...

Oh no! I am glad he will be well enough to receive a beating from his big sister soon : )
Wishing your family the best!

Life in the Bend said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad to hear he will be okay.

Chatter said...

Sorry to hear about little bro Joe. Family accidents are so awful and scary. Wishing Joe a speedy recovery and a break from the beating from his big sis :).