Monday, January 26, 2009

Date Night

Chris and I have "date night" every Sunday night. We seldom (if ever) go out, but we try to make a nice meal and either play a 2-player board game or watch a movie, something low key. This past Sunday, I decided to go "all out" with dinner and try out a new recipe from Vegetarian Times, much to Chris's chagrin. See, I have a, shall we say, history of not behaving well when things are going poorly in the kitchen. Basically, patience is not my middle name. I seem to recall lying on the floor once in frustration that we were out of milk...but that's a story for another day. Anyway, I also always forget how %&%#@ annoying phyllo dough is:





Four hours later...

Mushroom, Cheese, & Vegetable Strudel


Green Beans with Shallot Crisps


Garlicy Mashed Sweet Potatoes


In the meantime, we had to resort to pancakes for D. Believe me, he did not mind at all.


The strudel was fantastic, the beans very good, the sweet potatoes horrible. The only thing worse than the sweet potatoes was the movie selection for the evening. Sorry, Megan.
Eh, two out of four ain't bad.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Dude ~ that dinner looked AMAZING!! Kudos to you girl!