Saturday, January 3, 2009

There and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale by Mama





The hobbit being Dinkeneh, and there being a fine, albeit slow, ER. D has taken to eating copious amounts of food--including first and second breakfasts, elevenses and afternoon tea--so we, in turn, have taken to calling him our little hobbit. This new love affair with all things edible, however, led to a very unnecessary trip to the ER this evening. Apparently something in the much-loved yogurt did not agree with little hobbit, he broke out in what can only be described as a very minor rash that completely freaked the parents out, and off we rushed willynilly to the ER. After waiting in vain for 1.5 hours (at 10pm) for a doctor to show, we reached the conclusion that since the rash had all but disappeared at that point, it was probably okay for us to venture home again. Award us 5 points in the newbie parent column. Sweet.

6 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

Behold Dinkeneh Quixote!

I will skip pointing out the whole windmill connection.

Glad it was nothing and sorry about the points. In the last 6 weeks I have been told not once, but twice by my two year old that I forgot to buckle her in. Doh! Pretty sure that is 100 points each time. Thankfully she tells me.

*Jess* said...

Its okay, I freak out at rashes, too! And when my daughter got hives 3 times in 6 months, we took her to an allergist and put her through extensive testing... only to find out that we may not ever know what she ate/was exposed to that created the rash. Sheesh!

The Ben Show said...

Those pictures are so sweet! And never fear, I think those ER runs come with the territory - although we haven't made our mandatory new mom and dad run yet, we've had at least three times we had a foot out the door before one of ben's grandparents talked us down....

Mark and Sarah said...

Su-weet. I love those false alarms. Hey, I wanted to comment on D's book wishlist. We just got A Llama, Llama Red pajama and wow, is he freaked out by it! That Llama is a scary lookin' llama to our little guy. He'll only let me read it if he's sitting across the room from me. It's comical in a sad kind of way. Maybe I should send it your way!

Jen and Dan said...

What a doll, what a doll, what a doll!

Chuckle on the ER visit -and only because all was well with little D! Glad to hear it was nothing too concerning.

Cindy said...

You two are so cute!!