Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Family Day!

We started off the day watching the photo montage while dada made breakfast. Dinkeneh loves to watch "Baby D" on the computer. So cute!


After naps, we went outside for a walk...



...where D promptly fell into a puddle. Nice.


We did a bit of climbing on the way back inside.



And then it was on to the opening of the Family Day present!






Yup, that is D shoving away his very first, oh, so cute baby doll. I have never seen him hate on anything quite so much. Wouldn't have anything to do with it. This actually causes us quite some concern, given...well...keep reading :).


We played a rousing game of spin-the-binkie, D's current game of choice.






And we ended the night with D's favorite meal (Thai Spicy Basil Stirfry) and a vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting.

--------------------

Today we celebrated one full year as a family of three, and boy, has it been a roller coaster ride. I've enjoyed every fabulous minute of it. What are you supposed to talk about in a post like this? I feel like every post over the last twelve months doesn't even come close to communicating just how much sheer joy I've derived from being mama to this darling little boy. How do you do motherhood any justice at all in a blog post? I was speechless when I met him. I squealed the first time he rolled over. I cheered when he said his first word. I cried when I watched his first army crawl on my cell phone from 2,158 miles away, and again when I witnessed his first steps from five feet away. I almost peed in my pants the first time he told me, "no no no mama!" So many emotions in so short an amount of time. Incredible.

Dinkeneh, you make every day amazing. I love you, squirticus.

Now please be nice to your new baby, because...

25 comments:

Life in the Bend said...

Oh man, your video is marked private and I can't see it. What a cliffhanger!

Congratulations on one year as a family.

Christina said...

Fabulous. Clearly I was WAY too excited when I finally uploaded it. :) Problem should be fixed.

Life in the Bend said...

I saw it! Very cute! I hope the wait will be short and stress free!

Mama Papaya said...

I had a feeling and I am so, so, so stinking glad that feeling was correct. Yay! Big D, we need to get you and Figs on the phone so you can talk little sibs pronto. Congratulations you guys. Can not wait to meet Sibalicious.

Jane said...

I was waiting all day to see this announcement!! Can't wait...really, really can't wait! YAY

cathy said...

yay yay yay!!! Happy Family Day!

Kate said...

Congratulations on the wait! And for the family day!

As for the baby, Sef also isn't very interested in his doll (same one), but LOVES his cabbage patch baby. Black, male cabbage patch kids are a little hard to find, though.

*Jess* said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I am sure the wait will be hard, but more than worth it :)

And you never know, he might warm up to his doll :) I have tried hard not to encourage gender specific toys for my kids, however, my daughter at 15 months mothered her baby dolls in the cutest ways. My son? Yeah, it seems as though dolls are much more fun to throw!

Mark and Sarah said...

INcredible!!!! How exciting. Congratulations!

Jen and Dan said...

OMG!!! Congrats!!! Yayayayayyaaaaaaaaayyy!

Can't wait to see you guys and again, happy family day and big congrats on waiting for #2.

AnnMarie & Nick said...

WHOOOOO-HOOOOOOO, a sibling so very exciting!!! Happy waiting!

Virginia said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I am soooooSOOOOsoooo excited for all 3 (ehem - 4!) of you!! Yipeeee!!! AHHHHHH!!!! Kai & I are jumping up and down with joy :)

shell said...

yeah yeah YEAH!!!!!!!!! I am So excited for you guys!!!! and you are SO good at documenting things. The first picture we took for the adoption was IN ethiopia! :)

Rachel said...

Wow oh Wow oh Wow! What a great announcement!!! I had no freakin' clue where that was going... and until the film was half way finished, I still hadn't completely caught on! Congratulations! Wishing you a quick wait!

Stacy said...

ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Congratulations, so so so exciting!!!! I hope D makes the wait a little easier.

Cindy said...

You guys are too cute!!

Deirdre said...

YAYAYAY! I'm thrilled about your coming attraction. Can't wait for the good news!

Melanie said...

Happy happy happy family day!!!!! How awesome that we share this day!!! I just love your litte D!

Melanie said...

And i forgot to mention.......Congratulations on your growing family!!! I'm sooooooo excited for you!!!!

Meredith said...

That is so cute! Happy Family Day! Can't wait to see follow along on the next part of your story!

Nancy said...

I think that was the best baby announcement I have ever seen a blog! Did not see that coming. Congratulations family!

Kari said...

WOOOO HOOO!!!!! Happy news for a fabulous family. Can't wait to follow the ride!

Chatter said...

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST!!! Seriously, I missed it. Yeah, woohoo, happy day. I'm so happy for all of you. D is going to LOVE his new baby brother or sister. Congrats again and hugs to all. I'm so happy for you.

Cindy said...

Awww shucks, how freakin exciting. I wonder if #2 could possibly be any cuter than #3. And my but that is one cute little D. Seriously, I almost can't stand it. :)

BTW, we have that same doll. He is always naked. Poor thing, the boys just won't let "dolly" keep his clothes on. :)

Heatherbean said...

CHRISTINA!!
How the hell did I miss this??? I saw your sig on the forum and my eyes popped out of my head! Why isn'y your blog updating on my list??? eeeek! I am so excited for you guys!! Congrats and OH MY GOSH AHHHHHH!!
Do you love my overuse of punctuation?? I cannot wait to hear some news. I hope you're not mad at me for the total diss! Love you guys.