Sunday, February 1, 2009

The One with All the Snow

On Wednesday, Dinkeneh and I went for our first official outing since all the snow arrived. Given his past behavior, I fully expected a complete meltdown and a quick return time. But of course, Dinkeneh rarely does what I expect. He absolutely loved it. I tried to carry him through the deeper areas, but he was having none of that. This kiddo's emerging stubborness astonishes, amuses, and let's face it, worries me every day. He handled the deep snow like a pro, and the belly laughs were just too fun. I loved the huge smiles on the faces of drivers passing by in their cars. But really, who could not smile at this adorable little mug?




Today, we ventured out as a family to try a little sledding. I think it's safe to say that Dinkeneh was in his version of heaven. He couldn't get enough of sledding up and down the snowy street. Poor Dad was utterly worn out by the end of it, and I have never been more grateful to be the designated videographer.


6 comments:

Jane said...

I am absolutely positive "snow"one has a cuter grandson! Looks like all of you were having fun!

Mark and Sarah said...

Ridiculously cute. Priceless video. We had a very similar experience out here with Mark running up and down the street with Ash over and over and over...and I believe I even had a turn running out of breath. Hard work!! So happy that he enjoys the snow (for now at least!). Great memories.

Kate said...

I love the snowsuit -- and if I could get someone to pull me on a sled like that, I think I'd yell for "more" too!

Life in the Bend said...

I am so jealous of your video editing software. :(

Christina said...

Betsy, you live, like, maybe thirty seconds away. You can borrow it any time. Seriously. It's a great reason for us to finally hang out :).

Auntie Em said...

Hahaha...That just made my day. No, my week. Thanks D!