Monday, March 2, 2009

Funny (Little) Man

Dinkeneh is still waking up around 11 pm every night. Sometimes we can convince him with some *gentle encouragement* that he needs to lay back down in his own bed. This works about 20% of the time. The remaining 80% of the time, we throw in the towel, move him to our bed and call it a night. Co-sleeping doesn't bother us, and in fact, we think it's helped tremendously in facilitating our bonding and attachment. Of course, on the nights that D sleeps restlessly, we sing a different tune come morning. And unfortunately, there are a lot of those nights.

Last night, Chris and I were halfway through our date night movie when D cried out. It was only 10 pm, so I went in and tried to woo him back to sleep. No dice. I gave up, tagteamed with Chris and he had a go at it. Several very quiet minutes went by. I began to have hope. Then I heard a tiny voice say, "uh oh." A few seconds later and several decibals louder: "UH OH!" Apparently, D's strategy for convincing Chris to stay in the room was to chuck his paci over the side of the crib while shouting the aforementioned exclamation. Chris was hysterical with laughter.

Thanks for the 10 pm bedtime, D.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

he he he he he

Jill said...

that is FREAKING hysterical, difficult tho that situation is. Does he have a music aquarium in his bed? B has had his "fishy music" I THINK as long as he's been in his own bed. We always turn it on as he's going to sleep. He sometimes does wake up @ night, but it's great, I hear the music go on on the monitor (he hits it like a snooze button), and he passes back out. Does it in the a.m., too, as he's waking up like a snooze button. Maybe something like that would help lull him back off?? Wishful thinking???

*Jess* said...

From one attachment parent to the other, just know that it doesn't last forever! I have one child that loved co-sleeping and one child that would ONLY sleep in his bed and I have to admit that I missed having babies in my bed when they got older. I hope you guys find something that works for you and meets your whole family's needs :)

Kate said...

Such a crafty boy! Enjoy the sleep...