Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy 17 Month Birthday, Dinkeneh!

Holy smokes, why did no one explain to me that the rapidity of language and skill acquisition ramps up in a serious way around about the 16 month mark? I can hardly keep up. I keep meaning to record the everyday things that amaze us about little D, but there just never seems to be the time, what with the constant chasing of said little man around the house. Past month new accomplishments include: playing chase with loud squeals; falling headfirst into the bathtub; falling out of bed twice; "uh oh"; "down"; "up"; time out corner for 30 seconds; naming every letter "d"; squealing "weeeeee" when we start driving in the car (or anytime dad takes a corner too fast); two front teeth. I'm sure there are more, but I'm too tired to think of them. Oh, except for Legos.

Happy 17 months, D.




7 comments:

Meredith said...

How sweet! I love the expression on his face in that last photo - such focus. :)

Mama Papaya said...

I swear there is one night where they go to bed babies and wake up toddlers. Bittersweet. But good.

*Jess* said...

For my daughter, it was 19 months. She went from saying "bye-bye bubbles!" to "Pooh climb tree? Fall down?" The first time she said that sentence, I about fell over! Its just amazing these toddler months!

Jess said...

I second what Mama Papaya said! Some parts seem to go by with the blink of an eye!

Kristen said...

He is so handsome! Can't wait to take adorable pictures of our Ethiopian baby soon too!

Jill said...

Umm, what do you mean, no one told you? How about YOU failed to remember, w/ the exhausted & overworked Mama brain?? ;) It's SO true, though, isn't it, and HOLD on for 18 mo., because it will get EVEN FASTER and more intense...I thought, how can he POSSIBLY acquire a half dozen a day? Yeah ~ just wait. Gets EVEN better & more fun!! I LOVE the OCD engineer and you BET that's his Daddy!!!! :)

TonyaMarie said...

They grow up so fast, don't they! Sounds like D is keeping you on your toes!