Saturday, March 28, 2009

Not-So-Little D


My, oh my. Where has my baby gone? Well, he's still pretty much a baby, but the move to the big boy bed has gone much more smoothly than expected. We were in a bit of a pickle about sleeping arrangements. D has been co-sleeping for quite a while, but it just wouldn't be safe to have Sprout and D both in bed with us. Not to mention that none of us have been getting much quality sleep lately. Let's just say that one of us is a bed hog, and it isn't either of the two largest bedfellows. Since we didn't want to make D's transition to solo sleeping too abrupt, and we didn't want him to feel that he was being displaced by Sprout, we decided to move forward now. Since D is more accustomed to sleeping in a big bed than a crib at night, we thought this was the best way to go about it. It's gone pretty well so far. We have an extra long, extra tall railing on the side, and he seems to not quite get that we're not in bed with him all night. He goes to sleep by himself and has yet to climb out of the bed (we've been doing this for about a week). He does still wake up a couple of times during the night, but can be soothed back to sleep pretty quickly with a pat on the back. So far, so good! (Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts...)

5 comments:

Chatter said...

Awesome news Christina! This is a much better plan than the one I suggested. I am so happy for all of you. Good nights sleep for everyone! Woohoo :)

Jess said...

hehe! I love all the pillows stacked up on the side:)

Life in the Bend said...

Don't you know he could fall and get hurt?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

I'm delighted to hear that someone had an easy transition to the big bed. Both A and N are still in their cribs because they've never tried to get out of them and they sleep well there. I am dreading the switch, but you've given me some hope that it won't be that bad.

Auntie Em said...

Well I am glad to know Timmy has made a good switch as well. And you know if that travel date comes sooner than May 23rd I am crossed off the list for taking care of my favorite nephew. :) Let's hope it's after. Love you guys and good luck on the papers!!

Emily said...

YEAH! So glad this has worked out!