Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Wooooooohoooooooo!"

That is the sound of Chris, Dinkeneh, Sprout, and I on this crazy thing we call life.

We have a court date!!! And you should probably sit down, as it is MAY 7th!!! Unbelievable. That's about a month sooner than I expected. Fabulous! Of course, fewer people pass court the first time now, but I'm still holding out hope that we'll get through.

To add even more drama, May 7 is right smack dab in the middle of my finals, and my commencement is 10 days later. Now, I've never heard of anyone getting only 10 days notice to travel, but.... Let's just say it's a nailbiter, folks.

So, what are we up to around here? Trying to sell our condo, me apparently NOT taking the bar in July as planned, me job-hunting for next spring/summer, trying to buy a house (but requires selling the condo first), me writing 80+ pages in papers, plus studying for two finals, including Fed Tax, trying to keep the house clean for said selling of home, trying to decide whether to take D or leave him with his Aunt Emily or Grandma, Chris giving me oxygen while I laugh maniacally...

Oh, and did I mention that we all have colds? Well, except maybe Sprout. I heard that she's super smiley, wiggly, and generally good-natured. Must mean she hasn't caught the bug yet. Let's hope she doesn't. At least one of us deserves to have a good night's sleep! :)

16 comments:

Cindy said...

That is wonderful!!! SO excited for you!

Chatter said...

Woohoooooooo! Congratulations :) :)
I will try to patiently sit down and wait. Hope you all get feeling better and best of luck selling the condo.

Life in the Bend said...

Wahoo!!!!

Robbin said...

Congrats on all the good things happening. Should keep you busy so you don't worry yourself to death.
I'm in law school too. Done in May but need to do a directed study over the summer so no Bar for me in July. AND I also have a tax exam next month. Gotta love Tax!!!!

Hang in there, and Congrats again

Life in the Bend said...

P.S. I know you didn't ask for advice, but...

Traveling with two kids is REALLY hard. On our way back from Ethiopia, we each ALWAYS had a kiddo on us and never got a break. I am only 90% kidding when I say I'm surprised neither one of us died or filed for divorce on the trip home. It was totally worth it, of course, but we have already decided that we won't bring Atticus and Norah with us to Ethiopia if we travel to adopt again in the next couple of years. I shudder to think about traveling with a toddler and dealing with toddler jetlag.

Now I'll go back to minding my own business and respecting whatever decision you make :)

Bethany said...

Congrats on your court date!! Woo hoo!!

Stacey said...

Wow! Congrats!!! So soon!

Christa Bertram said...

I'm really praying we all pass court the first time and get to travel together. Congratulations. :) Christa

Meredith said...

So exciting! Congratulations!! Sounds like you've got a crazy few weeks ahead of you but just think how good it will feel when you come out on the other side. :) Good luck!

Stacy said...

wow, and May 7th is SUCH a special day (it's Lucy's birthday) I sure hope there are at least 2 things to celebrate that day!

M and M said...

Lucky Ducky! Great news!

shell said...

yeah!!! man, i cannot believe how fast! good luck on the house selling and keeping it clean. i have NO advice, since ours is still on the market :)

Heather said...

Good luck on your finals! I remember how difficult it was too concentrate while waiting for a travel date and court. My brother is also graduating law school this year and looking for a job. Good luck to both of you.

Mark and Sarah said...

Wow! That is incredible. You've got a lot of excitement going on. I can't wait until you post that you've PASSED court...and can show off that cutie pie on peep-eye.

giftofyoutwo said...

Holy happy news! Wow! I am so, so thrilled for you guys.

Kari said...

Yeah that is fabulous and crazy fast these days! WOO HOO!!!
Can't wait for May!