Friday, April 17, 2009

Exhaustion

Yep, that word pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right about now. For those who are interested, my last final is the day before court, so the timer to the right is essentially a count-down-to-the-end-of-law-school as well as Sprout's official ticker. I have written 40 pages worth of papers in the past 7 days (which for me is a lot), and I have another 30 to go before next Sunday. The Fed Tax final is two weeks from today, and Conflict of Laws brings up the rear at 17 days and counting. Please, let me go to sleep and wake up to find it all over and done with...

There is also drama in the form of USCIS. I'm not going to go into details, but good thoughts would be appreciated. Hopefully we can get things straightened out in quick order, but as with so many government bureaucracies, my hope is cautiously given. To be fair, they've been speedy when I've made other requests, so maybe consistency is their strong point? I'm too tired to think about it anymore. Seriously. So let's talk about something fun...

Updates!

Sprout is doing wonderfully. She continues to inch upwards, though it looks as if she's lost a bit of weight due to a reported stomach bug. We received several new pictures this week, and one picture a couple of weeks ago. Per a visiting doctor's report, she is rolling from side to side (but not over), she smiles a lot, she loves to coo and giggle, she reaches for and grasps objects, and she kicks her legs when lying in the prone position (just like her brother!). By all accounts (and based on the pictures), she has great head control. We also received a video about a week ago. It's eleven glorious seconds of nothing but Sprout, and the climax comes at second 9 when she sticks out her tongue. We love it! I looped it so I can now enjoy an endless supply of 22 second Sprout breaks during my day. So fun.

Of course, we can't post pictures, yada yada yada, so in leiu of face art, I give to you...


Each flower was created from a different Sprout photo using Apple's Core Image Fun House

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Wishing you all the best! I guess I better get busy on my little presents :)

Stacey said...

Thinking of you! I remember how tough law school finals were--I can't imagine how difficult they are with a toddler at home and adoption angst!

Chatter said...

Sorry to hear about any hiccups with USCIS. I hope everything gets straightened out soon.

And goodness gracious girl, best of luck with these next couple weeks. You much be exhausted! You can do it, you can do it :)

Love the pics from family day. We are hoping to do something fun with the boys tomorrow.