Monday, April 13, 2009

The One with Auntie Boolie





Our sitter took last week off, so Auntie Boolie ventured up from the Bluegrass State to keep D company (read: save our arses) for a few days. A little bit about AB (otherwise known as Julie): she is #2 of the eight of us, a travel nurse (hence her availability in our time of need), a rabid Louisville Cards fan, and dog mama to the fantabulous Ms. M. She is a very loyal person, always willing to help out when she can, and a bit of a perfectionist. She expects a lot of herself, but also has high expectations for others, and has an unexplainable affinity for Sponge Bob (see above). Julie and I shared a room growing up, and I have fond memories of us turning our pillows into computer screens so we could play secretary (Julie's chosen career at the time), giggling under the covers when Dad tried to scare us, and co-producing plays for our parents and their friends. Of course, I also remember the fight where Jolly Ranchers were thrown, the fight with the hanger, the fight when I gave Julie a bloody nose, and the fist fight Mom had to break up. I also remember that after loading up the car to head off to college, I ran inside to grab one last thing, only to find that all of my things had already been dumped into boxes in the dining room, while Julie was explaining the "Rules of HER Room" to the next sister moving in. Jules has been there for most of the major moments in my life: she was my maid of honor; she flew to Phoenix and helped drive our crap, er, stuff, all the way to Chicago; she helped us move into our new Chicago apartment, and there was nary a peep from her when she returned nine months later to help us move to Indiana. I know she doesn't expect anything in return, but I am looking forward to the day when I can be there for her in the same way she's been there for us. We love you, Auntie Boolie!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love sisters! My sisters and I had the same fights!!!

Chatter said...

I love this post! So many memories with my sisters and my post would sound about the same. This cracked me up. Thanks! Sisters ROCK!