Monday, June 29, 2009

Is it already Monday?!


It must be this euphoric haze we're walking through that makes us so unaware of the passing of time. Unfortunately, I slacked a bit in the picture department this weekend, and I also forgot to break out the camera this evening when we dined with these fine folks. Thanks, 7w's, for the fantabulous evening, full of yummy food and even yummier conversations. We love spending time with you all!

I'll leave you with a story about our rookie parenting error #5919:

One of D's doctors recommends adding some dried fruit to his diet, so Chris and I dutifully head to the grocery to select some. We are looking over the organic selection, debating the merits of a variety of options, when we spy dried plums! Plums! Perfect! We love plums! Sold.

....

....

[stop laughing. laughing at rookies isn't nice]

....

....

All those dots represent the number of dried plums we fed to Dinkeneh within an eight hour period on Saturday. He loved them. We congratulated ourselves on how successful our first selection was.

Until one of us realized,

after the first unusually gooey, remarkably aromatic excrement expulsion,

that those dozens of lovely, deliciously sweet dried plums swimming in our D's tummy

were actually

prunes.

Three days later,

and we are still paying the price.

11 comments:

Cindy said...

great story! and yes I laughed...a lot!

Shannon- said...

OMG! I can't stop laughing! Not at you.. with you... :) HA

shell said...

this is still making me laugh.....
we had such a great time w/you guys too!!

Jill said...

We did the same thing....with our second child. I don't think that counts as a rookie move. Hilarious! Our incident was kind of instantaneous, so we didn't over do it and pay for it for three days, though.

Little Bagel said...

Heehee, this story made my morning. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

too funny! :) Judy

laugheveryday said...

Oh man, gotta LOVE those rookie parenting mistakes....

Virginia said...

Ok, THAT was funny :) and I'm sure especially nice in cloth diapers!

Not only have I not been posting much, but I haven't been reading much either.. so a very overdue but sincere congrats on your fellow new daughter Claire (hehe:), on getting through court and sending all the good ju-ju I can muster that you will travel soon. 2 is so much better than one :) We are both at such an exciting place in our lives - best to you & hubby..

Jill said...

OMG...I totally laughed SO hard when I read this!!! :) Have you tried dried cherries w/ D?? B is OBSESSED w/ them (like, will help himself out of the pantry he loves them so much) and they're totally yum too! :)

Meredith said...

This is funny stuff. And totally something I would have done. I can laugh at you now knowing that you will have many occasions to laugh at our rookie mistakes in the weeks and months to come. :)

Shannon- said...

Ok- It's weeks later and I'm still laughing. I had to re read this.!!!!