Friday, June 26, 2009

Please Say Hello to...


Sisaye Claire

Chris's phone rang today at about 3:00 pm with word that we officially made it through court! And of course, I was taking a nap and did not hear the phone for the first 30 minutes that he tried to call me. He said he was just about to jump on his bike and head home early when I finally picked up the phone. I spent the first 20 minutes hopping around the kitchen, alternating between laughter and tears. I couldn't remember who I was supposed to call, so I called my mother twice. To give her credit, she was very excited both times.

To be honest, I had a premonition that we would hear today. I couldn't sleep last night, but I felt really calm, much calmer than I have throughout this whole ordeal. And then this morning, I awoke feeling strangely certain that we would get news. And I wasn't anxious at all! So bizarre. I just double-checked that Chris had his cell phone on him (and that it was charged; he is notorious for forgetting phones and failing to juice them). I did my morning walk with D, then Betsy and I made plans to take the kids to a waterpark. I didn't check my phone until we were done swimming. When I saw that there was no news and it was 1 pm, I assumed that I had been wrong about my premonition, but I didn't feel bummed out at all. Just kind of thought, "oh, well." And started thinking about plans for the weekend. Decided to take a nap while watching old Friends episodes, and then BAM! Awoke to wonderful news.

Apparently I should have chilled out long ago :).

I am so excited that Chris got to be the recipient of "the call." I usually hog all of the great moments in our lives, and there have been several times over the last few weeks when I have threatened to "demote" Chris from call recipient because of his forget-phone-itis. I had even gone so far as to "test call" him and then rail at him when the call went straight to voice mail. But the excitement in Chris's voice and the look on his face when he finally got to retell "the call" were totally worth all my neurotic spasticness over his poor phone abilities. He was just too cute as he reinacted pulling the phone out of his pocket and "oh my gosh, it was Holt!" I love it!!!

Word on the street is that we won't be able to join the July 24th travel group, so for now we are expecting to head out on August 1st for an August 11th visa appointment. We did let Holt know that we are perfectly comfortable with traveling at short notice, in the hopes that they might find a way to fit us in to the July group. Please send good thoughts and/or prayers that everything from here on out moves smoothly. Also, please send some good thoughts and prayers our friend B's way. She and her husband are dealing with the same situation, and they did not receive good news today. Here's hoping that good news finds them shortly!!!

Thanks to everyone for your comments, emails, and phone calls over the past few months. They were very much appreciated. I love this blogging community.

50 comments:

Life in the Bend said...

MY mom just called me excitedly to make sure I'd read your blog. :)

What a cutie!!! Those eyes!

AnnMarie & Nick said...

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO, so excited what a cute little peanut and her hair is AMAZING!!!! I'm so happy for your family. Thanks for sharing the excitment!

Annie said...

Hurray! Congrats on the newest member to your family! :)

cathy said...

YAAAYYYY~~~ and Yay again and again! I am so overjoyed for you I can't describe it. The weight of the world probably feels like if fell off your shoulders. And by the way, she is a stunner! I am so happy for you all.

The Pedersens said...

Congrats!! She's super cute. She reminds me a lot of my Isaac...they have the same hair. Best of luck with your travels.

*Jess* said...

I just knew from the post title that this would be it!! I am so happy for you guys! Here's wishing for a quick travel date!

Tiny's Mom said...

YAY!!!! She's gorgeous!!

TJRF said...

Wow! We gave you a shout right away, but I am sure you were on the phone. Thanks for the text, it made out night! Can't wait to talk, Congrats!

Mark and Sarah said...

Gosh, I feel like I just had a weight lifted, so I can only imagine how you feel!!! Incredible. She is yours and you are hers. Nothing more beautiful. She is gorgeous. I can't wait to see a picture of you guys with her, and of course your two babes together are going to be way too cute. I can't wait!

Julie said...

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic! She is absolutely gorgeous!! Love to you guys!

you are the sunshine said...

Such wonderful news!! She is adorable! Look at all that hair! So happy for you all!
Cori

Rachel said...

She is just ridiculously gorgeous! Cool that Chris got to be the bearer of good news. Hoping you get a speedy travel date!!!!

Holli said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! So excited... can't wait to meet her!

Judy :)

Tonya Marie said...

Big congrats!!!
Can't wait to see more pictures of her.

Cameron and Megan said...

AAAAAHHHH!!!! So excited for you! She is stunning!

Tim said...

Yeah! We're so happy for you both. I brought something back from Tanzania for your daughter... let's meet up before you travel. :)

Bridget said...

Christina!! She is SO BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you...I pray we can travel on the 11th with you - unless you get to go earlier!

Brenna said...

Congratulations! She is precious! So, so happy for your family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! She is an absolute doll! Looking forward to meeting her. Hugs to all!

Love,
Mrs. J

Christa Bertram said...

We are so happy for you!!!! sending all kinds of good wishes and prayers!!! I hope you end up in the earlier group.
:)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you. Again, congratulations. Margot

Margot said...

Reposting (cause my earlier one seems not to have made it) to say I am so so happy for you. Margot

Kate said...

Congratulations! That's great news, and I hope your travel date comes quickly!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable!

Shannon- said...

AMAZING!!! Yay. She's beautiful.

The Coys said...

So excited for you - you have waiting so long and is has been frustrating. Now just watch that time melt away as you gear up for your future with you little one. Congratulations!

Jess said...

YES YES YES!!! WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!

Mama Papaya said...

Welcome to family beautiful girl.

Heatherbean said...

Oh, Chris, she is just beauuuuuutiful! Congrats, you awesome family of FOUR!!

Jill said...

was SO excited when I read this the other night!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!! hip hip hooray!!!!!!!!!!

FrogMom said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

Deirdre said...

Oh my goodness! Bubbling over with tears and joy over here. Congratulations that your beautiful daughter is officially yours!!

M and M said...

Welcome little sister :-) and she is beautiful!

Jill said...

I love her!! She's precious. Oh my goodness, that hair! Too cute. Congrats again, Christina.

Heather said...

SO EXCITING! Look at your pretty girl! Hurray for such a great day!

Melanie said...

OMG - Yippee!!!!!! I am sooooooooo excited for you. WOW!!!! She is beautiful!!!!! I can't wait till you have her home!! Congrats!!! What awesome news to read!

Mel and Morgan

Cindy said...

woo-hooo-hooo-hooo!!
Man I go out of town for a couple days and bam!! I am the 38th comment : )
We are thrilled for you! She is just beautiful!

Stacy said...

ohhh congratulations!!! Wow she's cute!

P. said...

Dancing with joy in the kitchen over your good news! I hope you can pick her up soon! Big D will be such a good big brother to her! She is so adorable!

Congrats!

Peggy

thebenshow said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for you guys!! (& us!!! i can't wait to see her and hold her and kiss her and.....sigh. i just can't wait) and CHRIS!!! congratulations!!! you finally proved christina wrong!!! it's about dang time!! we all knew, but christina.....it takes a little more convincing!! i love you guys sooo much! i can't wait to hear more and to see you guys. give dinkeneh a big hug and kiss for me!! you're always in my prayers!!

love,
kate

Kristen Morin said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is awesome news! We are so excited to meet Sprout and will pray for your safe journey. If there is anything I can do to help you get ready, please don't hesitate to call!

Hugs and best wishes from the Morin family! :-)

Emily said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!!!

Nancy said...

Yay Christine!! What a beautiful little babe. Congratulations to D on becoming a big brother.

Ted and Lori said...

Congratulations! Beauty!

Jen and Dan said...

Ah, again I missed the big news. I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet miss bu tee full!!! Huge congrats guys!!!!

Stacey said...

OMG...I don't check for a couple of days and this happens! So happy for you guys!

Andrea said...

WOOHOO!!! Congrats~!!

Kari said...

I have been away from blogland only to return and find FABULOUS NEWS!!!!! Congrats and she is a complete doll. Can't wait to hear and see more from your family of FOUR!!