Thursday, July 16, 2009

Aren't You Missing One?


That's the question I get asked 9 out of 10 mornings on my walks with Dinkeneh, when this is what passers-by see. Those were rough moments, particularly during the time before we passed court.

But that's all about to change...

We have a travel date!!! We will be leaving on a jet plane the afternoon of August 1st, and returning the afternoon of August 15th. Unlike with Dinkeneh (when we were packed months before we left), I haven't even begun to start the packing process. We have been doing plenty of nesting, but that's about it. Coincidentally, during our master bedroom "renovation" (read: painting), I came across our old packing lists for Dinkeneh:


I am in awe of just how many lists I thought I needed. And how well-organized I was back then. This time around, it's a little more fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants than anything else. But regardless, we'll get there. Baby girl, here we come!

12 comments:

Beth said...

I am so excited for you! I can't believe it has happened so fast!!! YEAH!!!

Mama Papaya said...

Go! Go! Go! One more month beautiful girl!

*Jess* said...

YAY!!!

Rachel said...

Oh wow!!!! That is SOOOOOO wonderful!!! Adopting Gabriel was so long ago that I'm at the point where I've forgotten how to pack entirely!

Chatter said...

Yeah!! I am so excited. 2 whole weeks. Wow! That's awesome. Have fun getting everything ready.

Mark and Sarah said...

This is the best news I've heard all day! Any chance you're taking D with you? I'm thinking a lot about that big ol' decision and wondering what you landed on. Good luck getting everything organized ;)

Christina said...

Thanks everyone! Much excitement in this household :).

Sarah, we thought long and hard about whether to take D, and still question whether we made the right decision. We decided not to take him, because we felt like he was too young to really understand what was going on, and might be very confused about why we had to spend so much time focusing on another baby. Plus, Sisaye really deserves our undivided attention for a few days, and that wouldn't be possible given Dinkeneh's age. If we had enough $$$ to spring for another adult ticket for one of our parents, then *maybe* we would have made a different decision.

We'll definitely be taking Dinkeneh on our next trip to Ethiopia, though. I'll be interested in what you decide to do!

Cindy said...

woo-hoo!!! I am so excited for you all! Have fun packing : )

Jess said...

yippee! one more month!!!! That's great news!!!

laugheveryday said...

YAY!!!!

Kimberley said...

Somehow I missed the passing court part!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo sooooo soooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

Wanna meet for coffee while we are there? Seems like we may overlap by two days or more. (: