Sunday, August 23, 2009

How Is She Doing?


Sisaye (see-SIGH) is doing pretty well, all things considered. She loves the Ergo, loves being carried, loves co-sleeping. She's not too hip on tummy and floor time (though we're seeing gradual improvement). She gets around with an army-type crawl right now. Sitting up abilities are fair. Intestinal issues (namely keeping it in the diaper) have been reduced thanks to the formula switch and buying a smaller size diaper (duh). Saye (SAY-uh) is not too sure what to think of her brother, but watches him like a hawk. Toys don't really interest her all that much; if I had to guess, I'd say she's a people person. She's making great eye contact, and she lights up when you make silly faces at her. She's got to have one of the most expressive faces I've ever seen on a nine month old. As Chris likes to point out, the girl's got no poker face. Pity. We're seeing fewer smiles than we did in the care center, but that's to be expected. She had an incredible bond with one of her nannies, more of a foster-type relationship than anything else. It was wonderful for her, especially since she was there for almost seven months. So we have a ways to go to earn those really genuine smiles. We're looking forward to the challenge.


7 comments:

TonyaMarie said...

She's absolutely adorable! Congrats again.

The Jabber said...

I swear, when she smiles, she looks so much like you, Christina...!

Jess said...

I love how she turns around to follow D after he runs past!

Kathrin said...

Your daughter is absolutely adorable! Sounds like she is doing great to me. Not wanting to be held and prefering to be put down would be so much harder. How lucky she (and you) is that she's been loved in the care center.

Christina said...

lol...it's the pointy chin. Shows we mean business :).

Margot said...

Awwww - the army crawl, we had that for a few weeks with Tess Tsega. She now does a on all fours crawl but I kind of liked the slither. It's great to see her home, hope you are getting some rest. Margot

Little Bagel said...

I watched this video for the first time in the Frankfurt Airport. Her smile absolutely made me swoon (audibly), and D's pattering toes made me giggle.

Miss you guys already!!! Last comment till I come back from Ethiopia, I'll bet. :(