Monday, August 31, 2009

Peachy

[an excerpt from an email I sent to a friend today]

--Sisaye spit out her food today and refused to eat. I was super frustrated. So I'm covered in baby food feeling mad when there is a sound like a wall collapsing. I look into the living room. D's eyes are huge and he screams in terror and runs into the kitchen. Noise continues. I leap to my feet and start to run out of the room when I remember that Sisaye is sitting on the bumbo on the top of the table. I run back and grab her. Now we're both covered in baby food completely. Noise continues. D is screaming in terror. I run into the living room...just in time to see Petra streak by with a bag stuck to her head. Matilda is puffed up like a cotton ball and is trying to attack the bag on Petra's head. Both cats are terrified. D is terrified. Sisaye is smiling. I rescue the cats, remove the bag. While I am doing this, D dumps an entire box of Cheerios onto the coffee table and begins to shove them in his mouth. Cheerios go on the floor. I grab a broom. There is a knock at the door. It is the lady from First Steps, here to process Sisaye's paperwork. I make excuses. She judges. Chris calls. Major typo on the counter-offer. Realtor caught it, but said, "A lawyer wouldn't let this happen." [expletive] I blame Chris. Chris blames me. I hang up. First Steps lady leaves. D dumps his macaroni on the floor. I give up and put both kids to bed.

Life is peachy.

13 comments:

Mama 2 three said...

Sounds like our house most days;)! Hang in there Mom, things will get better! Your daughter is precious!!!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME TO LIFE !!!!!! i'm so jealous & excited for you!!! where would you be without it!!?!?! give them both hugs and kisses for me!! tell dinkeneh keep his eyes on the cats though......they'll get him back!!! & NEVER do that to baby saye!!! or i'll have to come down there!!! love you guys!!

-xoxoxo

kate

Kathrin said...

It sounds funny and I am sorry I laughed - but being there I KNOW - takes up a lot of strenght.
Thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

Ahhhh sweet momma. It sounds like a tough day. Sending big hugs!! Hanh tight!!

Jill said...

OMG, I seriously couldn't help but LMAO!!!! Sounds like my house too, but I only have 1 of each, not two...ahhhh, life. :) Good to chat yesterday; hang in there!!

Hugs!
me

Mark and Sarah said...

Oh, I feel you. I love the last line the best because sometimes that's the only answer. hang in there, girl!!

Life in the Bend said...

Poor Christina!

Rachel said...

Give it a few more months and then it might be time to dust off that law degree and put it to good use:-) I love my son but, once upon a time, a six-month stint at home in a 1000 sq. ft. apartment with an 18 month old almost did me in! I. Need. To. Work. It was a life lesson well learned!!! In the meanwhile, ENJOY! Too funny...

Chatter said...

Yep. When it rains, it pours. Sounds terribly familiar. And is there anything worse then baby food? I hated feeding that crap to all of my kids. I'm sure those were some of the most frustrating moments I endured as a parent. Thank goodness there is not a single jar in the house now. Hugs and strength :)
C

cathy said...

it will be funny one day... and on the days when you have a normal afternoon, you will SO appreciate it.

Melanie said...

WOW!!!!! Days like that just bite don't they!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear that..... Vent here anytime!!! Hopefully it will get better!!

Heather said...

I love your posts because this is my life now. I have 3 weeks and 3 days 'til I go back to work! ha ha Shea threw his bowl and plate on the floor after every meal today, threw huge tantrums at the park when he couldn't eat from other moms' picnic baskets, bit me on the chest, and put his hands in his poopy diaper today! I should post some of this good stuff on my blog! Hang in there Christina!

Jennifer said...

Why is it that that kind of thing only happens when someone is there to see it?? Never fails!