Tuesday, September 29, 2009

upDate


Let's see. In a 24 hour period, D managed to climb out of his big-boy bed for the first time since he started sleeping there 9 months ago, climb fully-clothed into the bath water I was running, and help himself to the contents of the fridge while I jumped in the shower. Sweet. He also decided that it was finally time to start adding the second and third syllables to words - so fun! He's stringing more words together, too, so I feel like we're getting closer to actual conversations. He's just starting to get the concept of opposites, which is super cute. And he can actually jump off the ground completely with both feet! He knows his numbers up to 14 and likes to shout the numbers of the grocery store aisles as we pass them. He knows about 75% of his letters, and his current favorite is "du-ble" for W. He's also currently obsessed with whales and sharks, so we went to the library tonight to do some "research." But of course, I forgot to bring the camera. D has a future as a D.J., I think. He's obsessed with selecting his "own" music and then controlling the buttons (purposefully) to replay only the song segments he likes. He's doing better with Sisaye, although we're still working on being gentle and sharing. But he's come a long way in just a few weeks, and there are definitely some emerging signs of friendship.

Whew. Consider the previous paragraph stream of conscience style. And in case those words were too much for you, here is the man [not] speaking for himself:


13 comments:

Baby Makes Three said...

he is seriously TOO cute!! I LOVE his addiction to banana bread (and subsequent DANCE!) too!!!!! :) And oh my goodness ~ when you said he knows 75% of his letters, knows upon sight recognition & can NAME them?!?!! holy amazing brilliant little man!!!! (not that I'm surprised!!) so yeah for airtime w/ D!

Kathrin said...

My baby is 22 month old and I LOVE how the learn new things almost daily.

Letters? Nummbers? Are we looking at Albert junior?
Way to go, boy!

Elizabeth said...

I taught him that! I taught him that! Haha. And by the way, he said aunt b not airplane...at least that's what I'm going to tell myself. I'm loving all of these updates. Yayayay!

P.S. Tell Chris he's crazy for choosing a profession that deals with computer programming. It's nuts! Andddddd I might be calling him soon to help me with my computer science class...:)

*Jess* said...

oh, you aren't supposed to put eaten chips back in the bag? Please tell that to my kids!

Margot said...

Your children are both beautiful and brilliant :) I so enjoy your blog.

Margot

Emily said...

He is getting so big now!!! Yay!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DINKENEH!!!! I wish I was there to sing Happy Birthday to you & eat lots & lots of cake!! I can't wait to see you!!

Give him a big hug & kiss for me! I love you guys!! Can't wait to see you all!!

Love,
Aunt Kate

Heather said...

Love the videos of little D! Oh, Shea and D are so much alike. I bet they'd be buds if we lived close and could hang out. Shea just said two words together this morning for the first time: "eat beckfest (breakfast)!" It's so exciting to watch them soak it all in at this age. I could do w/o the tantrums though ;).

laugheveryday said...

things are really happening at your place, huh? Cuties...

shell said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Where are pictures of the birthday boy!!?!?!?

Love ya,

Kate

Anonymous said...

If you still have some time open, I will be there in less than 1 week!!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Love

Aunt Kate

!!!!

Mark and Sarah said...

Missing your posts...hoping all is well in your world!