Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cerebral Palsy and Seizures

Two topics that, for personal reasons, are very close to my heart. To those fellow blogging parents for whom these "topics" are daily realities, I wanted to direct attention to the upcoming World Congress on Disabilities 2009 Educational Seminars, to be held November 19th and 20th, which are free to attend via your computer. Click here for registration. The focus appears to be on seizures and seizure management, while also touching on CP and autism. Please pass along the link to anyone else you know who might be interested. I plan on "attending" most of the days' sessions, so if anyone else is up for a post-conference discussion, feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. Peace.

5 comments:

Czarnecki Family said...

I'm not sure I'll "attend" but I'm glad this is happening. I have epilepsy and it's amazing how many people are affected by various seizure disorders, yet you rarely see discussion about it or efforts to raise money for research. I've seen two things recently raising awareness and I'm excited for that.
-Meghan

*Jess* said...

We are so thankful that our son with autism does not have a seizure disorder, but unfortunately my eldest brother does. I'll be interested to hear your take on these conferences!

Cindy said...

One of our fellow travelers would be very interested. I will certainly pass it on to her. Thanks for the information. Hope to talk to you again soon.

Kathrin said...

Thanks. I did pass it on.

Your kids look so cute together.

laugheveryday said...

Two topics very familiar to me as well... I didn't realize that you all are dealing with CP. Thank you for sharing!