Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pardon?

Tonight at dinner, D made several requests for more yogurt, which we politely declined in favor of pushing more mac and cheese or grilled cheese (yeah, I know, infinitely superior options). In frustration, he finally turned to me and said,

"Please cperate!"

"What?"

"Please COPerate!"

um...

"Please cooperate?"

Big smile from the big boy.

I glanced at Chris, who was staring at D with a befuddled look on his face. Chris finally turned to me with raised eyebrows, so I asked, "D, do you know what the word cooperate means?"

*slight pause*

"Wer t'gether."

He scored the yogurt.

3 comments:

TJRF said...

That's awesome! I would have caved too.
Tony

Chatter said...

That is hilarious. There is nothing like hearing your little ones use big words. That a boy D!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cindy said...

That is so cute!
We told Mihiret she couldn't have something the other day and she crossed her arms and said "I don't want to hear that tone from you"..I love when my words come back to haunt me.