Monday, January 11, 2010

Half a Decade



That's the amount of time Chris and I have been permanently attached in the eyes of the government (a lot longer than that in the eyes of us). What does one do to commemorate such an occasion? Why, a 2 a.m. trip to the ER through the icy snowy roads and negative wind chill to have one's daughter's elbow shoved back into its socket, of course. Mama's plan was simple: "Chris, if we get stuck in the snow, I'm just going to call 911 and tell them I'm on my way to the hospital anyway. Either way, I'll be back in a few hours. With or without the car." Luckily, the 911 call was not required and we were able to safely, albeit slowly, navigate our way there and back. And Sisaye Claire's arm is once again functioning normally, and not stuck out from her body at a seriously nauseating angle. Thank goodness she is such a smiley trooper.

And many thanks to Betsy, who came over Friday night so Chris and I could grab a kidlette-free dinner, the first in a long time. It was very much appreciated.

Happy five year anniversary, Snabbles. I'll always be glad I called the cops on you.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Elizabeth Rose said...

Congratulations you two crazy, perfect-for-each-other numnuts:)

*Jess* said...

Happy Anniversary!

Did S have something called "Nursemaid's Elbow"? Cause my daughter had that happen 3 times before the doctor showed me how to twist her wrist and pop it back into place myself. She outgrew this, thank goodness! Scared us to death the first time, we thought she had broken her arm!

Rachel said...

Okay, now I want to hear all about the cop-calling story!

Mama Papaya said...

Look at your girl doing what she can to trigger an emergency call on your anniversary. Happy half decade to you both. And happy elbow back in socket to Miss S.

Chatter said...

Happy 5 year to both of you! Glad to hear Sisaye's elbow is back in place. And that's wonderful you had an evening to go out together. I'm guessing you enjoyed every minute of it! Move to OK and I'll swap nights with you every month :)

Julie said...

Happy belated anniversary! Sorry it involved a trip to the hospital.