Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Perfect Orange

Considering that we've passed mid-January, I'm thinking I better roll out the Christmas posts before it becomes a Christmas in July catastrophe of embarrassing proportions. We'll start with Sisaye Claire's favorite gift. Forget anything I spent any amount of money on. After I hit the sack Christmas Eve, my mother couldn't resist dropping her traditional Christmas orange into each stocking. And the rest was history:







Hours later, she was still working on it.

And now, for an Easter preview:

6 comments:

Ginny said...

Could be worse. One of my brother's slept with a zucchini (like most people sleep with teddy bears) for a pretty decent period of time as a child...

Cindy said...

: )
Cutie Patootie

Kathrin said...

Too cute!

Cathy said...

Do you have the book " The Perfect Orange"? I found it on Amazon and it is sn Ethiopian tale. Not quite for wee little ones but still good.

Christina said...

We don't own it yet, Cathy. My mom purchased us a copy, but it's currently being signed by the illustrator. Not sure when it's supposed to arrive. I'm thinking I might put it aside for the 12 Books of Christmas 2010. What are your thoughts for age range?

Cathy said...

I would say 5-8 really maybe a little older. The story itself isn't the issue but some of the illustrations could be a little frigtening. They are beautiful and intense all at the same time.