Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday Tea


Most (read: all) Tuesdays, Chris participates in Game Night, which involves copious amounts of X-Box Live and ridiculous commentary (at least on Chris's part; I won't denigrate those whom I cannot hear). Betsy and I have taken back our Tuesday nights with our self-declared Tuesday Tea, when we visit a variety of coffee shops in search of good conversation, good drinks, and - let's be honest - an escape from the infliction of Game Night and all the ridiculousness that it entails. Though I am a tea lover at heart and make plenty in the comfort of my home, I tend to order something much richer when Tuesday Tea rolls around. Namely hot chocolate, because I have yet to master the art of at-home hot chocolate making. I'm not sure what I would do without Tuesday Tea. It's my only time away from the kidlettes all week, so it saves my sanity, and Betsy is always great to chat with about all matters...well, just all matters, really. Our conversation tonight was a case in point.

Thank goodness for good friends and Tuesday Tea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to go with the hot chocolate. I love, love hot chocolate!!! And I'm glad you are able to have an hour(or two:)) of sanity a week!! I often wonder how mom did it and how we all made it out alive!!! And please tell me Chris sounds like Vince Vaughn in The Break Up!!!?!?!? Oh!!! So funny, I can see you Chris!! Anyways, love you guys!

Kate

Life in the Bend said...

Hooray for Tuesday Tea!

Chatter said...

I would love a have Tuesday Tea Pal. I think it's a splendid idea.

Jon and Jamie said...

I can give you a great hot chocolate recipe if you are interested, very easy to make from scratch, and delish!!!
Jamie

Christina said...

I'm always up for new recipes, Jamie. Feel free to share, and thanks!

Brooke said...

other (normal) people's husbands play xbox live too. yay. not the point of your post, but it was encouraging. :)

good job getting out and taking time for yourself too!