Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh Boy


Toilet training is at 9 days and counting. So far we are good to go with peeing, nap times, and night times, and stalled at the starting line with pooping. The blame for the pooping lies with yours truly (that would be me), for failing to realize he was impacted until two days after toilet training commenced. A whole lotta laxative later, he is finally cleared out. Our line to him has been that he was sick, and we are going to work together to help him get better so he can poop in the toilet. Until then, I am okay with cleaning up the mess. May I say I have seen little in this world cuter than my not-so-little man puffing up with pride at wearing big boy underpants? In his words, "I'm a big boy! Not a little boy, and not a tiny baby." (Em, I believe that was aimed at Baby Charlie). What a hoot.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Pooping in the toilet took a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time with the G-man... and lots of bribery... and privacy. He was a BIG one for telling me he needed his privacy:-) Good luck!!!

Jess said...

Yay for BIG BOY D :)

Laura said...

One of the cutest things I've ever seen in this entire world is little boy boxer-briefs. You're doing awesome with the training...one step at a time!

Kate said...

I think we started the same day. You're definitely ahead of us if you have dry nights. We haven't even attempted that one!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Those are so cute!! And yay Dinkeneh!!!! If I were there I'd give you a BIG hug!!

Love you guys,

Kate

*Jess* said...

Jayce is almost 5 and still won't poop on the potty! They eventually get it, right??

Anonymous said...

yes, they do...have you ever seen a grown man...oh, well, never mind. But it will happen:) Grandma

Jill said...

Girl, I am IMPRESSED if D is only 2 1/2 (by my unreliable memory?) and the only thing he needs to work on is the poop?!! B has JUST mastered the poop of the last month-ish and he's just over three...D is WAAAAAY ahead of the curve!! Good job little man!!! :)

Chatter said...

Rub it in, rub it in :). Glad to hear it's going so well. He looks so stinking adorable in this little boxers. The weekend was not so successful here. Here's to another week....

Cindy said...

Good going D! We had already given up binky wayyy before toilet training. And gosh but 2/3 of my kids still need support during those long wet nights. So very good job big man and cute puffy belly too, I have 3 just like it!