Friday, April 23, 2010

Raincoat

I've heard other parents talk about their kids' obsessions with certain clothing items, usually ones involving a beloved activity (trains, footballs) or character (Dora, Elmo). But we never really experienced that here. Sure, Dinkeneh adores his "Quarterback 18" jersey, but he doesn't seek it out every day or even on a regular basis, and there are no tantrums if it's not available. So I was feeling a little left out until this adorable little raincoat came along, and Sisaye Claire fell in love.



I freely admit that I am tickled pink. I find the coat and its wee wearer absolutely darling, and she has my enthusiastic permission to wear it whenever she so chooses. So if you see her all bundled up in 95 degree weather, try not to judge. And don't forget to bask in the sweetness of a little girl and her beloved raincoat.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, so, soooo cute!!!! Oh my goodness, I wish I was there to see her!!! She's so adorable!! Can you keep her that little forever?!? Please!?!? She's too cute!! Can't wait to see you guys...One month!!! Yay!!

Katie

Mark and Sarah said...

Oh, Sisaye Claire, you make me miss my daughter even more.

Elizabeth Rose said...

Tooooo cute! I hope you try and pressure her to wear that skirt Jane made. I'm sure it will quickly become another favorite:)

*Jess* said...

If she has to have a favorite, that certainly is a great one!

Anonymous said...

Yes...that is my granddaughter...isn't she the cutest little woman?? Keep those pics coming...they make my day:) Love ya, Grandma

Jane said...

Oh, she looks so grown up already...a little "fashionista"! Can't wait to take her shopping!

Cindy said...

That is darn sweet! As for our clothing obsessions . . .

Tsega: my 3 skirts that I own (he hides with them because he knows this makes me very mad!)

Sira: mouse costume, "yellow jammies", and striped short sleeve shirts. I prefer the mouse costume. :)