Sunday, April 25, 2010

What a Day

Some days, you realize everyone should have just stayed in bed. 

We took the kids to the zoo, where it proceeded to downpour once we were far away from any available shelter.  At swim lessons two hours later, we were in such a rush to exit the family changing room that I left my bra and underwear sitting on the only bench in the room.  And it wasn't a nice, fancy-schmancy matching pair.  Oh, no.  It was the should-have-been-retired-long-ago old black bra with the what-was-this-woman-thinking white granny panties.  Lovely.  After swim lessons, again in an attempt to exit the only family changing room quickly, I walked out without realizing that my shirt was still stuck up under my armpits.  So if anyone was wondering who owned the ugly black bra and undies, they probably figured it out after I walked half the length of the gym with my chest on full display.  After nap, we had to go return an item to a discount store.  In the midst of arguing with the store manager that I shouldn't be held responsible for knowing there was a 15 day return policy when the return policy was nowhere to be found on the receipt, I look over to see my husband holding D upside down - apparently without realizing that his pants were around his ankles.  Did I mention that we were also out of underwear for D?  Yes, my son's private parts were on display for the entire line of people waiting to speak to the service desk, not to mention the appalled onlookers in the checkout line.  Nice.  Between that and Sisaye having one pant leg stuck in her sock, all of us in mismatched outfits, and the kids' swim hair, we made quite the impression.

How was your day?

16 comments:

Tressa said...

As a mom to a crew of little ones, this made me giggle:) Thanks for your self-deprecating humor!

Life in the Bend said...

I will try to evoke these images in my head the next time I'm sure that my family is making heads turn. :-P

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness..sound like a hell of a day! I have to admit it made me giggle a little as well : )

Chatter said...

Sorry, but chuckles are coming from me too. The life of a mother, you have to find humor or else we'll all go crazy :). Big hugs,
C

Anonymous said...

Holy cow.......and I thought I'VE had bad days?!?! Hahaha. Just teasing!! Only you guys!! HOpe you have a better week!!!

Kate

Emily said...

HAHAHAHAHA! So funny! We've all had those moments!

Jess said...

very funny! not at the time I'm sure, but now, pretty darn funny!

Jules said...

My God. Serious wardrobe malfunction crisis at the Frederick household. I love you:)

Elizabeth Rose said...

is it weird that i am not surprised? ;) love you all and truly--in the grand scheme of things--this is nothing less than wonderful. can't wait to see you all again!

xoxo
willy

winkingannie said...

How scandalous!

Kimberley said...

HA!!!! LOVE IT!!!! Not the inadvertent nakedness mine you, but knowing that there are others out there with one of those days!

Cindy said...

Whoa! Really? Ewww! Sure you weren't having a nightmare? Would have loved to have seen all those gross out scenes (although I am sure you are all lovely nekked) just so I could have a funny story to tell. Although I would have blushed and turned away and felt awfully sorry for you all too. That is too much! :)

cathy said...

sounds like you'd make a great stripper!!!!

jayme said...

This post is awesome! I know I shouldn't laugh at other people's embarrassing moments, but having been in more than my fair share of similar scenarios, I have to admit I'm glad I'm not alone!

Jennifer said...

I am laughing out loud. HILarious.

Mama Papaya said...

I shouldn't laugh, but I am and I am sorry about it, but am probably going to double back and do it all over again.