Thursday, May 27, 2010

18 Months


 This Wednesday definitely deserved words.  My, oh my, how baby girl has grown.  Sisaye Claire had her 18 month well visit today.  She tops out at a whopping 22 pounds, putting her in the 22nd percentile (does that win some sort of award?).  Her official height was 32 inches, but she arched a bit and I think it was off by a centimeter or two.  That would put her somewhere between the 60th and 80th percentiles for height.  Tall and thin is the name of her game.  Her noggin, however, was the clear winner of the day, coming in at 19 inches and the 90th percentile.  It's amazing she doesn't fall over more often.  Wait a minute...

I've realized I've been rather remiss in posting milestones for baby girl.  I meant to do a "She Walks!" video, but time somehow slips away more rapidly these days.  No excuses.  She walks.  She talks.  Oh, boy, she talks.  At any given moment, here's a random assortment of Sisayeisms.  Whoops, Sisaye Claireisms (as Dinkeneh will correct if you dare to leave off her second name):
  • Have it!
  • Dinkeneh go potty!  (Usually when he's had an accident)
  • Read it!
  • Open door!
  • More!
  • Up!
  • Down!
  • No, no Dinkeneh!
  • Poop!
  • Book!
  • Milk!
  • Water!
  • Ashes, Ashes, Down!
  • Wiggles!
  • Night Night!
  • Bottle!
  • Opposites!
  • Miserable!  (Thanks, Bagel and Miserable)
  • Pretty!
  • Shoes!
  • Hat!
  • Mouth!
  • Eyes!
  • Nose!
  • Belly Button!
  • Nipple!  (Yes, nipple)
  • Banana!
  • Apple!
  • Cat!
  • Dog!
  • Beep Beep!
  • Namaste!
  • Swing!
  • Ball!
  • This!  (Usually said when she doesn't know the name of something she wants).
  • Baby!
  • Mono!  (Nemo)
  • Fish!
  • Walk!
  • Airplane!
  • Wow!
  • Happy Birthday to You!
  • Cake!
  • Balloon!
  • Hat!
I think there are some I'm forgetting, but the late hour is getting to me.  So I'll let pictures finish off my post to my oh so sweetly big little missy:




(These last two are of her dancing.  She's always dancing.)

8 comments:

Julie said...

Love her. She is amazing!

emily said...

She is just so lovely and I love this post. It oozes with your love for her.

M and M said...

My favorite part of your reflection of her is that EVERY SINGLE WORD she speaks has an exclamation point. I assume she's an exhuberant speaker. Go Girl!

Kathrin said...

Way to go, baby girl! Did you forget to mention she is wickedly cute too? I am very glad to hear all is well.

Chatter said...

Such a sweet, sweet girl!!! I can't believe how many words you were able to remember that she is using. I'm terrible at that sort of thing (hence the reason I never do it). You are an awesome mama!

*Jess* said...

wow, has time flown! She has a wonderful vocab!

Kate said...

We love watching her grow. Sefi especially likes watching the video of her reading "Yo? Yes!" Happy half birthday Sisaye!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys soooo much!! Give them hugs and kisses for me! And post something new!! :)

Love ya,
Kate