Monday, June 28, 2010

Father's Day, Revisited


First, we took a little trip to the Farmer's Market for some supplies.  D is taking great pride these days in "helping," as evidenced by his refusal to allow me to push Sisaye Claire through the market.


Both kidlettes scored free apples, which I attribute to their overwhelming cuteness.  Completely unbiased opinion, obviously.


This Cherry and Blackberry Clafoutis was our next order of business.  I gave it six out of ten stars.  Luckily for me, Chris was far more impressed.


Then it was on to the card making.  And may I just say, I was so very impressed with Sisaye Claire's crayon grip?  Way to go, baby girl.  She is nothing if not deliberate in all her actions.  She's been observing us working with D, and I'm thinking some of the finer points may have rubbed off.


Some were enthusiastic.


Some were less so.


And finally, on to the big event.  Meeting Dada at work for some basketball fun.


And we are nothing if not serious in all our basketball endeavors.


Just look at that form!  The fine folks in college basketball just don't know what the underhanded shot is capable of.  And yes, I just ended a sentence with a preposition.  Tim, please give Emily oxygen.  Megan, I don't know who you're with, so...you're out of luck, dear.  Just call me when you come to, and I will pinky swear I never let it happen under your watch.


Happy Father's Day, Chris!

2 comments:

Tim said...

That sounds like a great make-up Father's Day! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. We're looking forward to seeing you guys again soon.

Emily said...

When your posts contain photos of beautiful desserts and wonderful small children with crayons, as far as I'm concerned you can put your prepositions wherever you please. :)