Monday, June 14, 2010

Shark Attack

If memory serves me correctly, this would be Dinkeneh's first recorded nightmare.  He awoke halfway through his nap today, screaming like a banshee.  Thinking that something dreadful was wrong (other than the fact that he was already awake), I sprinted up the stairs just as he tore, wild-eyed, around the corner.  It took me several seconds to calm him down enough to comprehend his shrieking:  "Shark biting my finger! Shark biting my finger!"  After inspecting the finger (no blood or suspicious teeth marks) and investigating the bed (no sharks, thank goodness), we settled down together for the remainder of naptime.  And I mentally began to compose my conversation with the galeophobic in the house, on not passing on our neuroses to our children...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bbaaahhaaaahhha!! Next thing ya know, there's gonna be stories about sky sharks ;) That is too funny!! Hopefully this doesn't last long! I love you guys!

Kate

Jules said...

Waaaahaaaahaaa! We love you, Chris. Even with your shark phobia and "I AM FARTICUS!!!" moments.:)