Friday, September 17, 2010

Before and After: Friday Food Recap

I am besotted with Feeding the Whole Family, which I checked out from the library and is on my to-buy list (when I get around to it).  (As a side note, I always do a library trial run with a cookbook before shelling out the dough.  Can't afford to buy a lemon.)  It was the source of this yummy meal.  So when I happened upon Cookus Interruptus, I rejoiced.  And then I tried the recipes.  And I almost cried from happiness.  Hands down the recipe website that produces consistently great results.  The granola is to die for.  Really.  So this week was entirely Cookus Interruptus.  And we ate happy.


The Loot:  $32




(pic was pre-oven; we ate it too fast)



(Mods:  I used what I think was a pumpkin-type squash; Chris thinks it was an actual pumpkin.  Baked it in the oven and then added it.  Definitely changed the consistency of the soup, but still tasted fabulous.  Also added some jalapeno and used pinto beans instead of lima beans.)






(which was smooth until Sisaye Claire decided she had waited long enough)




7 comments:

Mark and Sarah said...

Seriously impressed with your good eats. I can't remember what it feels like to find a new dinner recipe and cook from it...it's all quick meals around here now days. Way to go!

Elizabeth Rose said...

Beautiful food. Just beautiful.

Chatter said...

Super, duper IMPRESSED! I really need to get my "new healthy recipes" groove on. Please send your motivation my way :)

M and M said...

Yum. Total yum.

winkingannie said...

It's a Southern New Years' Day! Hoppin' John and greens! :)

Cindy said...

I need motivation too! You and Carrie are awesome!

cindy said...

I got that cookbook from the library a long while back and made a couple of recipes. Think I should go back & revisit it. Had no idea about the website. The lentils sound great. Thanks for sharing!