Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowed In

Thirty-ish inches in about as many hours.  Notre Dame clearly has a direct line to God, since they somehow managed to avoid it falling on a weekday, thereby necessitating the cancellation of work/school and a freebie day for everyone.  An act of God, to be sure.  It also happened to be our sixth anniversary.  Nothing like having to be dug/pushed out of the snow not once, not twice, but three times by random strangers in the cars stuck behind you.  It was actually really...fun?  Adventurous?  Memorable?  The two best lines of the day:

"THERE WE GOOOOO!!!!!!" - Dinkeneh, after we're finally pushed free by three strangers and a guy carrying a snow shovel in his passenger seat.

(hysterical crying) "But where is FROSTY???!???" - Sisaye, after not being able to find him in all the snow.

I need to put the first photo in context.  The snow was up to my rear in our backyard, and I was still trying to find the walkway with the snow shovel in this photo.  Also, please forgive Dinkeneh's bagged tennis shoes.  I still haven't purchased him snow boots.  Bad mama.












5 comments:

Jane said...

Umm, let me rethink my coming...or can you make sure the snow is melted by next week!?!

Jules said...

Oh, geezum. I will not complain, then, about our 2" last week and our current 4". We win, apparently. Hope you're sledding and drinking lots of hot chocolate!:)

Chatter said...

I'm so jealous!! It's so beautiful! And I love the bags over the shoes. We always put bread bags over our socks, inside our boots. Lol. Hope you enjoyed the snow :)

Kimmie said...

Oh I just love that last sledding shot. too sweet.

Nice to meet you and yours. Love the header on your blog.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

cathy said...

i love that it's up past their shoulders!!!!! so cool.