Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tunesday with a Breakfast Cookie Twist

I saw a different live version of this song on Lori's blog, and it was exactly what I needed to hear this week.  It's been a rough holiday season for many personal reasons, and this song was a much-needed antidote.  Well, this song and these breakfast cookies (our label, not hers).  I subbed a brick of cream cheese (8 oz) for the farmer's cheese and sour cream, and I say anything that contains only cream cheese, butter, vanilla, flour, salt, jam, milk, and a tiny bit of powdered sugar qualifies as a viable breakfast option.  (The cookie label is a puzzler, but I liked the idea of serving cookies for breakfast.)  Mama 'Paya, take note.

I hope these two beauties bring you a small bit of peace as well.  Enjoy!




5 comments:

Cindy said...

Sorry you had a tough holiday :(
Desserts look amazing!

shell said...

great song! oh and the cookies look GOOD!

*Jess* said...

yum... powdered sugar!

Chatter said...

Gabe Dixon is great! I haven't listened to this song in a long time. Good pick! Hope your new year is getting better :) Hugs mama!

Mama Papaya said...

This song is perfect. Here's to all being well. Very well.

With you on the desserts for breakfast this week. We had breakfast pear/apple crisp.