Monday, February 7, 2011

Food Forward


 Breakfast:  Blackberry Muffins (hat tip to Betsy)
Lunch:  Split Pea Soup with Peas and Potatoes
Sunday:  Spinach Cheese Pie (hat tip to Cathy)
Monday:  Rosemary Roasted Potatoes with Eggs
Tuesday:   Szechwan Tempeh with Sweet Rice Tembales (hat tip to Mama Papaya)
Wednesday:  Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Seared Ahi Tuna
Thursday:  Leftovers or Waffles of Insane Squashness
Friday:  Pizza

The spinach cheese pie was so unbelievably good that my children actually said "mmmmmm" and ate their dinners with no prompting.  This will definitely be reappearing on our menu.  Thanks Cathy!

Can you tell we are buried under potatoes from our winter CSA?  If anyone has any other potato suggestions, please feel free to share.  I am getting desperate.  I don't think we're going to participate in the winter CSA next year, since it was mostly just cabbage, potatoes, cabbage, onions, potatoes, cabbage, squash, potatoes, and...potatoes.  And cabbage.  Ugh.  I don't care if nothing else is local this time of year.  I just can't do only potatoes and cabbage from November to April.

I did come up with one non-food way to use the potatoes.  And feel free to make fun of the fact that I cut the S backwards (well, forwards, but it printed backwards, you know what I mean).  Aside from that rookie mistake, the kidlettes did enjoy their potato printing.


4 comments:

hibagel said...

I discovered the cutest market three blocks from my apartment yesterday. It had an awesome selection of produce, including beautiful mangoes and mandarin oranges and tomatoes.

I just thought I'd put that out there, in case you ever find yourself sitting at home gnawing on a potato and thinking, "hmmm.... should I move to San Francisco?" ;)

Mama Papaya said...

Feeling you on the potatoes right now and loving you for the potato painting idea. Maybe I could make the whole alphabet.

cathy said...

hip hip hooray for spinach cheese pie. i just feel bad for you that you had to share it with your family. that was very generous of you.

Brenna said...

We just planted 50 (yes 50!) pounds of potatoes in our spring garden. We must be crazy...