Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 12: Laundry and Watermelon

Just another day hanging around the guest house.  Chris picked up some watermelon for me and Sisaye.  It wasn't very sweet, and it was very pricey, so I don't think we'll be making that purchase again anytime soon.  I'll just stick with delicious mangoes, thank you very much.


Now, don't let this laundry pic fool you.  Chris and I were working together on washing the laundry, when Chris suddenly let out a "Holy cow."  Turns out, Chris is allergic to...laundry?  detergent?  cold water?  %@#$?  Whatever the cause, his hands turned stoplight red, his fingers swelled up like sausages, and hundreds of hives ran from his wrist to his elbow.  Not to worry:  a quick dose of Benadryl and an application of hydrocortizone cream cleared it up in about 15 minutes.  And loving wife that I am, I was actually irritated that it cleared up before I could snap a photo.  Don't worry Mom; I really was taking care of your son :). 


Lucky me, to get to do laundry solo for the next few weeks.  I'm thinking my payment should be chocolate.  Anyone want to courier some over here?

4 comments:

Jane said...

Yep, it is now 100% certain he is related to this Allergy Queen! Most likely soap is the culprit. Sorry Christina, guess I owe you a few chocolate bars when you return!

Cindy said...

Oh my....glad you brought the benedryl. Loving all the updates : )

Kathrin said...

Are you ok? Maybe you are takeing a trip? Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

you totally stole emily's t-shirt!!! hahahaha!! nice!
Love you guys!! can't wait to give all 6 of you hugs & kisses!!

Aunt Katie

Miss you lots!!!